I’ve heard the thing about blogging is sometimes you have to write when you don’t have anything to write about. But clearly, I haven’t taken that advice until now (because I really have nothing to write, but I thought I should let everyone know I’m still alive).
My life has been fully consumed with work, so when people ask me how I’ve been, I typically have really boring responses. Until you know the right questions to ask, and then I can tell you stories for hours. But that’s neither here nor there.
So I’ve been working a lot, and under a lot of stress, but my stomach has held out! Talk about small miracles! I got blood redrawn a few weeks ago, and the tests came back normal, so now it’s a waiting game. And by that I mean, waiting to see when the pain comes back. Or until December when I’m supposed to get another test. Whichever comes first.
The biggest thing that’s going on in my life is really the preparations for Thanksgiving (that’s a stretch…it’s pretty minor…but yeah I’m struggling for content here!). Last year was technically my first year as a gluten intolerant person, but I was on my cleanse, so I wasn’t expecting to eat anything. So this is my first year trying to eat real food. And I’m not exactly sure how that’s gonna turn out. I am ordering some gluten free treats from a bakery in Chicago (thanks Jamie!), so I won’t feel totally left out. But the amazing fried biscuits are out of commission. Major downer.
On another Thanksgiving note, my friend Karen and I did our annual shopping for the Thanksgiving Food Drive with Crossroads. This year we upped the ante and got 3 boxes. That amount of food makes for a very heavy cart. I almost bit it head first when my feet went backwards and the cart refused to move forwards. But thankfully my nose and teeth are alright.
To make this very uninspired entry seem a little more inspired, I will now include photos to make my life look awesome. But don’t worry, it’s all fake.
Happy (early) Thanksgiving!
1. A Reds Championship game with father. I can’t say anything else about it. It still hurts.
2. Annual girls trip this year went to Chicago. Sandwiched between blondes, all wearing leggings.
3. Goofing around at work
4. I’m just really adding to my coolness here. Some iPad entertainment with markerstaches.
5. Halloween! Rocked the crap out of the Replacement Ref costume.
6. The girls on Halloween
7. My absolute little favorite nugget. Please note the size of my hands in relationship to her body. Man hands for sure.
8. Thanksgiving shopping. Left is Karen basting me because last year I shot air straight into her eyeball with one of those things. This year she was prepared.